Call 519-433-1441 to speak with the Day Break Coordinator.
** Please note there is currently a waiting list for this program.
Individuals must live at home with their family or caregiver in London or Middlesex County and:
- Require 24 hour care or support due to physical or physical/cognitive/intellectual disability.
- Are no longer eligible for educational support.
- Are at least 18 years of age.
Individuals can attend Day Break up to 20 hours per week. Additional hours may be available for a fee.
Individuals are responsible for their own lunch and transportation to and from Hutton House.
The objectives of Day Break are to:
• Enhance Personal Wellness
• Promote Life Long Learning
• Foster Community Participation
• Develop Life and Daily Living skills
- Fitness, exercise and walks
- Occupational and physiotherapy
- Alternative therapies
- Snoezelen Room - sensory stimulation
Life Long Learning
- Communication skills
- Crafts and self-expression
- Friendships and peer support
- Movies and theatre
- Community events
Daily Living Skills
- Cooking and nutrition
- Personal care
- Looking good
- Healthy living
- Personal Safety
Day Break is located at 140 Ann Street near downtown London. Being closely located to parks, the Covent Garden Market, shopping and theatres, there is always something of interest nearby.
For outings, day trips, and getting around the city, Day Break has its own wheelchair-accessible van.
Day Break offers a casual home like environment with:
- Two large accessible bathrooms
- Open leisure areas
- Lifts and lift tracks throughout
- A computer lab
- Snoezelen room
- Spa room
- Games and crafts area
- Large, open kitchen
- Community garden
The ARTworks program is supported by: